Thursday 26 April 2012

ANZAC My Great Grandads

Two of my  great Grandfathers were in World War Two.

This is a photo of my Nana's Dad. His name is Robert Walter Jefferries.


This is the bit of broken bomb that was in his leg (shrapnel).

My other Great Grandad was in the war too.This is a letter sent from Great Grandad Turner to my Grandad from the war when he was a little boy. It is made out of finely sliced wood. You can see the grain. It was captured from the Japanese for the soldiers to use for their letters. It was sent in 1943.

















This is a telegram to tell my great grandma that Grandad Jefferies was wounded.







This my brother and me with both my great grandfathers' war medals.


16 comments:

  1. Awesome Tyler I think it is great good post keep Them up. Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cool I think it is really special to have your great grandfathers medals

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Tyler

    I like that you went to the extra effort!

    What did your Great Grand father get the medals from?

    Katrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the medals are for bravery And some other things that I don't what they are for.

      Delete
  4. Awesome Tyler Amazing post i think its really special that you did a post with all his stuff were your grandads in world war 2 or 1 From your class mate Eden

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to every one that has made a comment on my blog. this is spectacular. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Tyler!
    Your Great Granddad would have been very brave to take part of the war.
    Did he survive the war?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good question Stefan. He did survive the war.

      Delete
  7. Cool Tyler!
    Your Granddad is awesome!
    How many medals did he get?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Around about nine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome blog Tyler. It is very special having these treasures to keep and show each generation. I remember my Dad being so proud of the letter his Dad had sent him all the way from the war. It was special showing them to you too :)
    From Mum

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was a special post Tyler and it deserved all these awesome comments. You made it more special by replying to the comments, too.

    Well done, keep up your awesome blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is X your brother Tyler?

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great Taonga for your family to treasure Tyler. Well written too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome post Tyler
    I liked the way you explained about his medals

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome Tyler it must feel special having your Great Grandads memorials in your home.
    One mooring you could be wearing them to the ANZAC memorial

    ReplyDelete